Here is some information to help you prepare for your visit to our clinic:
1. Please do not attend your appointment if you are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19, such as:
- A fever
- A new or changed chronic cough
- A sore throat that is not related to a known or pre-existing condition
- A runny nose that is not related to a known or pre-existing condition
- Nasal congestion that is not related to a known or pre-existing condition
- Shortness of breath that is not related to a known or pre-existing condition
- If you have been in close contact with any individuals who have a confirmed or presumptive positive diagnosis of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- If you have travelled outside of the province of Nova Scotia in the past 14 days
- If you have any of the above noted symptoms, give us a call and we will be happy to reschedule your appointment. Please also contact 811 for further instructions related to COVID-19 screening.
2. Please do not bring anyone extra with you to your appointment, unless that person is a necessary parent or caregiver. If members from the same family are both booked, that is ok, and they will be given back to back appointments.
3. It is very important to be on time for appointments, and I will try to stay on time as well! This is important to allow for physical distancing in the waiting room. There will be 2 chairs, more than 6 feet apart, to respect physical distancing measures. This should be sufficient, due to the appointment scheduling. If not, please wait in the hallway.
4. Please sanitize your hands once you get off the elevator, once you are in the waiting room, and upon entering the treatment room. Sanitizer is supplied in all 3 areas.
5. Signage is posted outside the clinic door regarding screening questions for COVID-19. You will be asked the screening questions again once you have entered the clinic, and your response will be noted in your file by the chiropractor.
6. The chiropractor will be using proper hand hygiene and wearing a surgical mask. The chiropractic table, equipment, payment machine and all other high touch surfaces will be disinfected after every patient. Cleaning of desk, door handles, chairs, light switches, phone etc will also occur throughout the day.
7. We do not require you to wear a mask to your appointment, but ask you to strongly consider wearing one. This is for the enhanced safety of all!
8. We will try to make payment as touch-less as possible. For example, we direct bill most insurance companies and will not accept cash at this time; provide a tap option on the debit/credit machine; and receipts will be emailed when possible.
9. For anyone who is still hesitant to come in despite the above precautions, please email or call us. We will do our best to arrange a special time for you to attend your chiropractic appointment with less people around.
Thank you for your understanding with all of these changes. It will be worth it to help keep us all safe.
We look forward to seeing you soon!!
Dr. Krista Prowse Welch, DC